Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Picasa for SENIORS

Earlier this year I logged into my blog and found my images missing?!?! What the heck?

I was running the photo program that came with my computer to edit, store, and upload images but something I did with my photo files deleted by uploaded files, and my profile photo was missing in Facebook as well! When I started asking around I found out that if I used Picasa these problems would be eliminated and I would be able to add slide shows to the blog as well. I was convinced!

Well after maintaining a blog for nine months and using Picasa for five I ended up with an unbelievable amount photo files (mostly containing 1 image each), I realized I needed to learn a little bit more about how Picasa manages my photo files within their program, how photo changes affect my stored photos and how the 'cloud' photo storage program works.

Enter the library, why pay for a book?


The only help guide available was 'Picasa for SENIORS" What an insult! Does the author really believe that the comprehension of this program is age related? Like if you are young you understand the program and do not need a manual, but if you are a SENIOR you do not understand the program, hence the manual? You know there is a third option. there's me!

I want to read the manual, try some of the techniques and bookmark the place in the book, then set the book aside.  A few days later I want to go back to the manual to review what I have learned or to read ahead and learn a new trick or tip.  I want to work ahead at my own pace and look backwards when something doesn't work right.

I need a manual for Picasa because I want to understand how the program works, and not because I am a SENIOR!

1 comment:

  1. They labeled it "for Seniors" so you knew the lessons were short enough that you can have a bathroom break in between them.

    ReplyDelete