Friday, November 11, 2011

Veteran's Day


I was leaving the house last weekend as Nicolas was returning home from 'drills' and what my eyes fell upon was a very impressive man dressed in his ACU's.  As he stood before me in his full military uniform I realized just how proud I was of the decision my son has made to do something of great worth in his life by serving in the Army Reserves.

Nicolas has opened my eyes to many unique experiences thus far, I knew nothing about dinosaurs before he came along, and nothing about scouts, ballroom dance, or Veteran's Day, and although Nicolas says Novemebr 11th is not about him per se (his comment is "I am not a Veteran'), I still became very emotional this year as I celebrated this day with more memorial than every before. I will savor these six years of reserve duty he is completing and look forward to a lifetime of Veteran's Day to remind me of the sacrifice made by my son and thousands of others on my behalf.

No comments:

Post a Comment