Monday, November 5, 2012

European Vacation

I've sent a travel itinerary and hotel confirmations to my family and significant others so I won't repeat them here only to say that I will be updating my blog via my written journal when I get back later in the month. Look for an expanded version of this schedule.

Day One: Morning departure with a short layover in Washington Dulles Airport (think Die Hard) then overnight flight to Rome, Italy (I wonder if they have Roma tomatoes)

Day Two: Arrive in Rome, check-in to hotel, relax or explore the city.

Day Three: Rome sightseeing, see the Sistine Chapel, St. Peter's Basilica, see ancient Rome including the Forum, Colosseum, and Circus Maximus.

Day Four: Rome at leisure, perhaps the Vatican?

Day Five: Rome to Athens transfer

Day Six: Athens sightseeing, see the Parthenon on the Acropolis and other important ancient Greek buildings

Day Seven: Athens at leisure, perhaps a cruise to the Greek Islands?

Day Eight: Athens to Istanbul transfer, shopping at local bazaar

Day Nine: Istanbul at leisure, perhaps explore some ruins?

Day Ten: Istanbul sightseeing, see the Topkapi Palace, explore St. Sophia's Basicila

Day Eleven: Afternoon departure from Istanbul, Turkey with layover in Denver, Colorado then arrival in Salt Lake City early evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment