Thursday, January 31, 2013

The left hand ring

I woke up in the middle of the night with my left hand all twisted up in the sheets and pillow and after a few minutes remembered that the foreign object of concern causing me grief was my new engagement ring. When the bedding was  finally squared away, I was thankfully able to quickly fall back to sleep.

When Jim proposed marriage, I wasn't too keen on the idea of wearing the ring prior to the ceremony, my reasoning being that Jim would not be wearing his...but Jim is a traditional sort of gentleman and assured me that while he would wait, I should not! I am glad I decided to start wearing this ring now, because when I look down I am reminded that someone very amazing loves me enough to spend the rest of their life with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment