Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Forty Weeks

Last Tuesday prior to a Logan road trip I had to BEG Lacie to let me take a photo of her, let me explain....I wanted Aunt Judy to have the opportunity to see the Little Princess in utero but Lacie was so paranoid about going into labor two hours from home that she was reluctant to commit to the trip.  Up until the time that I pulled in front of the house I wasn't sure she would really get in the car. I packed my camera with a second agenda, I wanted a photograph of my daughter on one of the very last days she would spend being without a child because somehow as the days move forward and she becomes Lillie's mother, it feels like she is less my child.

Fast forward seven days and today I got my camera out (again) to record the very last days she would spend without a child (again).  As Lacie and I were running errands I asked her if it bothered her that people look at her and mentally think, 'Wow, that lady looks like she is going to pop!' Lacie said no, not really, but if she had it to do over again she would have worn a shirt that says, 'induction scheduled.' This is what amazing looks like at 40 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment