Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Doctor W

The words every women hates to hear their Pharmacist say is, 'your doctor won't refill your birth control without an appointment.....' with the appropriate eye roll of disdain suggesting as if you would attempt to fool the entire health care community by obtain an additional month of contraception medication without proper authorization.

Proper authorization really should be, 'look lady, I am too damn old to get pregnant' but truth be told, I can't remember the last time I had a sinus infection, bronchitis, or other infirmary that would require an  office visit with any frequency then biannual at best.

I survived the weight in and somewhat excelled in the height measurement at 5 foot 5 and 1/2 inches.  I bypassed the urine test but came back strong for the PAP smear and ended the visit with 2 tiger tops and 1 lavender vial of blood collected and a referral to IMC for a current mammogram.

All this for birth control! I am awaiting the results from the two labs examining my body fluids and look forward to next week when the radiologist will be taking a look at my breasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment