Saturday, July 21, 2012

The funniest thing happened on the way to the play

So Lacie, Ashelyn, and I are returning the car after the green show to put away the folding chairs when Lacie bends down in front of a Altima and says, 'oh wow! I can't believe my license plate is bend, how did that happen...' while simultaneously straightening the license plate. Then she stands up and says 'oh, this isn't my car,' then turns to the Hyundai on her right and proceeds to repeatedly push her car remote to unlock a car that still isn't hers! She then looks to her left and on the third attempt sees her Honda and opens the trunk so we could empty our arms. Ashelyn and I laughed so hard I almost peed myself right there on the asphalt.

I realize that I might possibly be the last person on the planet to see a live production of Les Miserables - and yes, I too am wondering what took me so long to get around to such an amazing story, in this case I had a little bit of help nudging me in the right direction 1) Lacie saw the play when she was a teenager 2) Ashelyn loves France 3) my friend Kate got an summer job in wigs (for Les Miserables).

A quick road trip to Cedar City which included plenty of good country music, time in Brian Head, and a stop at Granny's Antiques was a great get-a-way with my favorite girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment