Saturday, February 23, 2013

Meeting Grandma with Gillman

Several weeks ago at the Gillman Family Dinner, Grandma Gillman (Jim's Mother, my soon to be Mother-in-law) mentioned that she had made Addelyn a baby quilt she intended on sending home with me.

I immediately knew that I wanted my new family to meet my other new family and in stealth I arranged to have a girls day road trip with Ashelyn and Baby A, so the two could meet the other two of them. Without the help of GPS (no small feat) I drove straight to the Gillman Manor and watched as the two new great grandparents gave hugs and love to their new great grand daughter.  I also got to see Ashelyn receive a beautiful handmade quilt from an extraordinary woman who's life, our lives have recently intersected.

I marvel at the quality of women in my life and treasure the opportunity I have to be in their company. Thank you Grandma Gillman for providing the catalyst that put us together this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment