Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Day Four

Let the adventure begin 

Today started with a room service breakfast and a transfer to a luxury bus for a two hour ride to the Maya ruins of Chichen Itza (pronounced chicken pizza) in the town of Progreso, Mexico.  Unfortunately, I forgot to pack my wallet, Tracy and I were a little bit late meeting the group on the pier, then Tracy dropped something in the bus bathroom, loud enough to alert the tour guide.  As we were leaving the ruins Tracy decided he wanted to haggle with a vendor over a $25 hat but with several hundred dollar bills in his wallet he was in no position to negotiate.

As we were walking to the cantina to get a drink (and break the hundred) we ran into the tour guide who reminded it us that it was passed time to board the bus. Tracy ran back for the hat and I started a very slow stroll to the bus.  As I was getting on the bus the tour guide asked me where Tracy was and I said, 'he will be here soon, he stopped to use the bathroom' to which the tour guide reminded me the bus had a bathroom. SNAP!

Two hours later as we got off the bus I asked Tracy if he would tip the tour guide (no wallet, remember?) Tracy came up with 4 one dollar bills, 3 twenty dollar bills, and all those hundreds......he gave him $4 which seemed to be okay until we got back to the boat and realized Tracy left his phone on the bus.

Surprise!!! The cruise line contact the excursion company, but the phone was not found.


No comments:

Post a Comment