Monday, May 2, 2011

Quilting by Betty

My new best friend is the quilting lady Betty.  I met her In the back yard of her Taylorsville home and was given a tour of her utility shed which holds the biggest long arm sewing machine I have seen.  I just picked my first quilt up and was amazed at he the spectacular design she had created which turned my quilt into a masterpiece, and its a good thing she is quick and inexpensive since I have never had so many projects going at once, here is what I am working on:

1) Floral quilt for Quilts For Kids, needs binding.
2) Pink baby quilt, needs to be quilted, and binding.
3) Animal quilt for Quilts For Kids, needs backing, quilting, and binding.
4) Polka dot baby quilt, needs piecing, backing, quilting, and backing.
5) Polka dot quilt for Quilts For Kids out of spare material????
6) 12 block appliqued quilt, I am on block #2 so I don't think Betty will be seeing this anytime soon....

It feels good to be back in the sewing room again, I've missed the feel of fabric as it moves under the pressure foot, thank you Betty.

No comments:

Post a Comment