Sunday, August 28, 2011

The best gift of all!

Back when Nicolas was at AIT he asked me if I was interested in going to Las Vegas when he got home; unbeknownst to me, he and Lacie were in cahoots with a plan to surprise me with a trip to Sin City for my birthday.

As we are heading out the door for Vegas, Nicolas launches into this story about how he 'forgot' my birthday present at Lacie's house so we would need to take a side trip to Eagle Mountain to pick it up.  Seeing Lacie at 6 am dressed to the nines with hair and makeup should have been my clue that the kids had something up their sleeve.  I kept looking at Nicolas grinning and Lacie standing beside a stack of luggage and soon realized that I would be able to spend the weekend with both of my children.

If you were to ask Lacie and Nicolas what they got their Mother for her birthday it would go something like this, "we planned an out of town trip for her complete with a stay in the Hilton, designer dinner and a Las Vegas show (Mystere).  If you were to ask me what I recieved for my birthday it would be, 'I was able to see my children agree on a plan, work together towards a common goal, and enjoy each others company in the process.'  It really was the best gift of all.



No comments:

Post a Comment