Wednesday, August 31, 2011

My Son Rocks!

I had one very stressful night! I replied to a text with a question waited 2 hours for a reply from a friend that is very consistent in our communication.  When I attempted to resend the text my phone failed to to send, then locked up. No calls or texts in and no calls or texts out. Since the phone is 3 years old and because I broke my Kindle earlier this week, I expected I would be replacing the phone and went online to evaluate my phone upgrade options.

Nicolas pulled the SIM card out of the back of my phone to verify that the phone was malfunctioning rather than the network, which gave me temporary access to my messages, etc.  He then used his laptop to update my phone (apparently it was not current), then he synced my phone to my laptop and restored my phone to last March (yep, my last sync date).

I (Nicolas) was able to retore my password vault, contact list, and photos but the information is 5 months old, which mean that all my newer friends and appointments for the next 60+ days are missing. What a small price to pay for a situation that could have ended up alot worse. With a very big sign of relief I will say, 'NICOLAS, YOU ROCK!'

No comments:

Post a Comment