Saturday, February 4, 2012

Quilting Woes!

Here is a look at the edge of the Trip Around the World quilt top I am hand stitching to get ready to put on my new Grace quilting  frame I received as a Christmas present.  I've added the pink boarded on the right of the photo to even up the raw edge of white diamonds.  It took several days to iron the seems flat but I believe the quilt is finally ready for assembly on the frame. 
 Unfortunately, "some assembly required" does not cover the extent to which I have been constructing this frame.  The assembly instructions are 25 pages long and so far I have ran short of the 8 mm washers and the remaining 16 mm washers will not fit, also I can't figure out why the connector bolt and cap nut on the brace assembly do not fit snugly as the pictures states. 
It may be some time before I get this quilt on the frame!

No comments:

Post a Comment