Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Your grandmothers bed

Last weeks visit to Eurotreasures put me in a mood to shop....so I thought I would look online for a gently used Dyson or something I couldn't live without and ended up finding the headboard/footboard that matches the dresser and nightstands I purchased in 1991.

So the solid oak bedroom set I own was manufactured by Lexington Furniture Company and was called Victorian Mansion, at the time I did not have the money for the complete set and over the last 20+ years I have used several rod iron or brass beds to complete the room.  With the advent of the internet I have tried to find the matching bed but have mostly found pieces here and there across the country with no one interested in shipping the furniture to Utah, and how cost effective is a drive to Wisconsin anyways?

Earlier this week I found an ebay listing too good to be true, a reasonably priced queen size bed, owned by a firm willing to crate and ship the product.  And then my anxiety kicked in.  What if Jim didn't want to sleep in a victorian mansion? Maybe my furniture was going in the basement, and what is wrong with the current metal bed frame I am using?

I called Jim to ask him what the money threshold was for individual purchases without first consulting a spouse and he assured me that so long as I kept my purchases below $10,000.00 I was free to purchase whatever I felt was necessary, WHEW! what a relief that was, the bed would certain stay below my spending limit :-) and then Jim talked about how the furniture would be distributed when I moved in and set my mind at ease about me making this purchase. Then I hung up the phone, went online and hit BUY.  And with a click of a button I made our first purchase as a couple. I love ebay, and I love you Jim.




No comments:

Post a Comment