Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Grabbing the brass ring

Well, my wedding merry-go-round gained steam with a letter from the First Presidency and a phone call to the Mount Timpanogos Temple on June 2nd to schedule our sealing.  Jim and I had gave up trying to find a date that would be memorable (like 6-7-13 or the anniversary of our first date).....we had exactly 3 days in June that would work for all involved, and the sinking feeling that we may have to delay this event until late July.

Fortunately, our first choice was available (after all who gets married at 7pm?) and with a date finalized, we set out to find a wedding dinner venue, schedule a wedding photographer, have wedding invitations printed (are they really suppose to me mailed out 6 weeks prior?, take an engagement photo (for the announcement), etc.

If putting a wedding together in three weeks wasn't work enough, my company transferred me to a store in Utah County which was to begin June 9th.  As the department manager my first task is to be ready for an inventory that is schedule two days prior to the wedding.  In order to understand what product I would be accounting for, I spent the first several days moving archived files to long term storage and throwing out the out of date items, now I can get a clear view of the merchandise. It seriously took me three full days to find the results of last quarters inventory and in the two shifts remaining until inventory I will attempt to be ready for this count.  Inventory day is also the day I have my final wedding dress fitting and the movers will move me to my new home.

Moving! Man this is a lot of work. Today I am either feeling my age or the effects of the three days I spent cleaning at work.  I just finished packing up the kitchen with commits me to fast food for the next nine days, but the upside is that I won't have to worry about washing dishes. The rest of the weeks schedule is so tight that I truly just have today to get the house packed, move stuff to storage, and to the DI, and get packed for the honeymoon, and in all this flurry of activity I keep reminding myself that this is the best part of the ride. All I really need to do now is reach out a little bit and grab onto that brass ring. There isn't any other place I would rather be right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment