Monday, June 10, 2013

Welcome to Happy Valley!

It seems a bit surreal to be returning to Provo to work after the twenty (plus some more) years that had lapsed since I first lived in Utah County. I can definitely say that some things are much the same as I remember them.  For instance: the adult to minor ratio is the same, the jokes about BYU coeds haven't changed at all and everyone seems to be......happy. I do find it a little of that mobs of people swarm the snow shack for crushed ice treats in Utah County while no one in Salt Lake County has ever been seen standing in front of these buildings.
Right now I'm not sure what to make of the 40 minute commute to work but luckily that will change in a few short weeks and my migration to Happy Valley will be complete.  So here's to my transfer, yippee!

No comments:

Post a Comment