Saturday, December 31, 2011

and I opened a present a few days late

A few weeks back I was at my BFFs house having a holiday celebration with some really great people when the UPS man pulled up and left a box on the porch. As you can imagine, Scott panicked a bit, worried that I had somehow caught a glimpse of my Christmas present as it was delivered to his house. I did not see enough of the box to determine what was inside but as as my close friends and family would attest, I asked EVERYONE what could possibly be in a box that measured about 32 inches tall by 8 inches by 6 inches.

The guesses ranged of everything from a telescope, to a camping tent.  I had a guess of a table, of a piece artwork (not a painting), some rather inappropriate guesses of intimate objects, snow shoes or other winter items.  I was very excited about this box because one of the best aspects of Christmas (and birthdays) is when you open a present and see yourself in the eyes of the gift giver.  It is like saying, 'so, you see me as a .........'

Well, believe me, I was utterly shocked to find a hand quilting frame, I would have never guessed this is what the box contained.  As I sit here and think of all the hand quilting projects I have completed on my lap with a quilting hoop on my lap over the years, I realize that this is really a great gift! Very unexpected and very much appreciated. I do not have a quilt to put on the frame (yet) so I downloaded this image of the frame from the web.
Pretty amazing, right? When I opened this gift I said, 'so you see me as a ..........quilter!' And boy did he get it right. Of all the gifts that could have been in the box, this was the best. Thank you Scott. 

No comments:

Post a Comment