Sunday, December 18, 2011

My Frosty Christmas

Now that my decorating is completed and my shopping is in order, it is time to enjoy the magical events this holiday season has to offer.


The first of many activities scheduled was a dinner and a musical performance with Scott, his children and their significant others.  Scott did an amazing job selecting a restaurant with great cuisine and proximity to concert.  In a secluded corner table, I was able to enjoy the chatter that abounds a family of accomplished and interesting individuals.  We planned to walk the three city blocks to the venue but paused briefly as we left the restaurant so Scott could take the leftovers to the car.  I watched him walk past a panhandler, then stop and turn around.  He walked back to the man and looked him in the eye as he offered him a dinner of spare ribs and corn bread.  Seeing the generosity in Scott's action was a great start to a wonderful Christmas season.


Needless to say, the evening was perfect in every way and I look forward to spending more time with him as we visit my children and various other family members these next few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment