Thursday, December 8, 2011

BLUE MAN GROUP

Last summer my children asked me which Las Vegas show I would just LOVE to see.....the only one I could think of was Blue Man Group, but I had already bought myself two tickets to the Kingsbury Hall performance and was waiting the six months it would take for December 7th to finally arrive. (BTW: the kids and I saw Mystre in Vegas in August, amazing!)

I was very excited as the day finally arrived that I could see the Blue Men.  Scott and I drove up to the university about an hour before the performance, parked the car and decided to just 'walk around until we found a place to eat.'  It was a very clear and cold night but the walk was refreshing.  We passed on the pizza joint, the burger joint, and the bagel joint and wandered into Indochine Vietnamese Bistro.  If you are in the area I would recommend you try this place for lunch or dinner, the restaurant was very quaint and the food delicious.

I had Bun Cha Gio which is basically a salad of rice noodles, fresh vegetables, and spring rolls served with a tangy dressing.  Scott had a noodle soup made of clear beef stock, rice noodles, fresh vegetables and most importantly an array of spices (the kind that make your mouth burn), which is his favorite!

After our tasty dinner and after a short walk to Kingsbury hall we settled into our seats to enjoy a night of fun.  The Blue Men started the evening by providing some audience activities to get the crowd fired up. I was amazed at how they used the slightest face gestures and body language to convey so much.  It was as if every movement was in slow motion, allowing the audience to catch the subtlities. The light show filled the hall and the music seemed to rock the seats.  It was certainly worth the wait to see them.

1 comment:

  1. Mom!! I wanted to let you know I picked you for the Liebster Blog Award! In order to have any idea what I'm talking about read my post!

    ReplyDelete