Monday, December 19, 2011

Yep, I opened my present early,

but in my own defense, it was peer pressure.

Since Ashelyn is going to be out of town on Christmas, Nicolas decided we should have our celebration tonight amidst the Christmas tree, fried tacos, and 27 Dresses.  I kept changing the subject in hopes of swaying the majority - but it was no use.

Ashelyn got me an oven mitt and pot holder to replace the ones she burnt while baking cookies last week - and I got her Pinch & Pour collapsible measuring cups so she can bake more cookies.    

After a 2 to 1 vote I opened my present from Nicolas, and was amazed to find a Nikon CoolPix, as I was fumbling with the box and contents Nicolas said, 'It is a Nikon, and it is purple!' I kept thinking of how difficult it must have been for him last month to sell his brand new Nikon to fund the unexpected purchase of tires for his Mustang, knowing that the brand new Nikon he bought for me was under the tree waiting for Christmas.  He could have easily kept the CoolPix for himself and bought me slippers, I would have never known.

This year my son didn't buy me a Christmas gift, he demonstrated what a gift should be
(taken with my new purple Nikon CoolPix)

No comments:

Post a Comment