Thursday, May 17, 2012

UNPLUGGED

In just a few hours I unplug my phone and start my journey to Kenya and to an unknown experience among the African people.After a very long wait I am heading to Kenya to spend some time admits the people God colored with a dark brown crayon.
I did not activate the international calling plan on my phone and took no effort to inquire which 'G' Safaicom uses for internet service, I really don't care. In a few hours I will be on a layover at DFW and after that, I am unplugging my electronics so that every minute I am away will be spent discovering the wonders of Africa.

I am a little worried that I have extra space in my luggage and I am not looking forward to that moment in the trip when you realize that something you desperately need, you have left at home. Maybe the reason Americans have such big Walmarts is because we believe we need so much 'stuff.

I downloaded 7 novels to my Kindle to hold me over on the extensive flights each way then last week I borrowed Cutting for Stone from a friend and decided I could not wait two weeks to finish the book--yes I am dragging all 657 pages with m
I will be in Dallas at 5pm this evening (Thursday) and London at 8am tomorrow morning (Friday) and Nairobi at 9pm tomorrow evening and if you need to get a hold of me, leave me a message and I will get back to you the first week of June....until then I am unplug

No comments:

Post a Comment